Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Inspiration




 Scarf, Caridgan: J. Crew Outlet, Dress: Talbots, Belt: F21, Tights: T. J. Maxx, Shoes: Mia via DSW

The last time I wore this dress was to our wedding dinner the night before we got married. I have been wanting to wear it again for a while now, but wasn't quite sure how to without looking like a spring bride. Thankfully, I remembered some great blog posts from last week. In the most recent My Sister's Closet post, my sister Mike gave advice on how to winterize a summer dress, and Rachel, of The Pink Peonies, wore a great "white winter" outfit.  Using inspiration from them, I pulled together this lovely ensemble. I was pleasantly surprised with how it came together. Andy however, LOVED it. In his words, "You look like a freakin' supermodel"...followed by a bum squeeze. Wife points for me!! 


P.S. Please excuse my horribly grown out roots. Contrary to what it looks like, I don't have a bad melt. I have a hair appointment next week. I am anxiously looking forward to it. Yay for new hair! 


5 comments:

  1. Love your blog and those outfits! Can`t wait for your next post Megan. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet blog and I love your style! Glad you decided to start one!

    sherri

    www.sherriamour.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my heck I love this outfit, especially the white dress! And I love that I inspired you a little :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Megan! I am your newest follower...in LOVE with your blog, your style, and your wedding! Just gorgeous, all of it. I'm obsessed with all things Utah too...I lived there for awhile in 2009/2010 and worked for the Sundance Institute in Park City. So jealous that y'all live in such a beautiful part of the country! Anyway, I'll stop rambling, just wanted to say hi and that I can't wait to keep following along :). Come stop by ours too!
    funwiththefullwoods.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, I just discovered your blog and it is so lovely! I am friends with your sis Mike from high school. I thought I would say hello and introduce myself since I will be checking regularly from now on :)

    ReplyDelete