Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, February 10, 2012

Guest Post: Kailie


Good morning dahlings! One of my favorite things about blogging is the opportunity it brings to make new friends. I love it! I feel like I have so many new friends. We've never met, but I'm sure if we did, we'd have sleepovers, and ice cream parties, and go shopping together. It would be a blast! But for now we just email, comment on each other's blogs, and guest post! So, today I have the wonderful and oh so darling Kailie form the Breit Side. Her blog is full of the best recipes, DIY's, and all sorts of fun stuff. Be sure to check it out!

Oh and P.S. I guest posted last week on Sherri Amour, another one of my lovely new blogger friends. Go check it out!

Oh and P.S.S don't forget to enter the giveaway. Check back Monday to see if you won!

Hi guys! I'm Kailie from The Breit Side!
 
 
 
 I'm thrilled to be guest posting on Classy Confessions today. Isn't Megan just the cutest?  I mainly blog about my amazing hubby, with some talks on DIY, yummy food, and our little love nest adventures. And today I've got an easy tutorial for you! I thought of this project while spending way too much time browsing the fabric store this week. I am in love with the result. Its super easy, fast, and when you're finished you'll want one in every color...trust me, I'm there right now. 
 
DIY Lacey Flower Necklace
 
 
 
Supplies needed: 
 
- 1/4 yard of your favorite lace (you can use fabric or ribbon too!)
- Matching thread and needle
- Hot glue gun
- Basic necklace chain
- Beads, a button, or gem of your choice
 
1- Thread your needle and tie a knot at the end of your thread. (I used black thread to show you what it will look like.)
2- Starting at one end, simply hand sew the edge of your lace, until you reach the other end.
3- Holding one end of your thread, gently push your lace to the other end. You should be pushing all of the lace together. 
4-  Once the lace is bunching, it should naturally coil up and look a little something like this:
 
 
5- Keep tightening up your lace until it forms a flower. Feel free to move bits around and squish the littlebuchies here and there, until you get exactly what you want. Just  play around with it, you really can't mess it up!
6- Hot glue the center and ends to make your flower stay coiled up.
 
 
7- Hot glue your beads, button, or gem to the center of your flower.
 
 
8- Flip your flower over and hot glue your chain to the back. Measure before gluing to be sure you like the length of your necklace.
 
 
 
 
9- Ta-Da! It really WAS that easy! Now go make a million more, its OK if people envy your style. ;)
 
 
 
I just love how different and chic this necklace is. It turns my boring outfits into something cute!
 
 
If you have any questions or would like to show us what you've come up with, feel free to drop by
 
 
Thank you Megan for letting me ramble on your blog today, I had a ton of fun! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment