Wednesday, February 1, 2012

My Sister's Closet: Oh hey, Minnie

Let's talk about doppelgängers for a second. Who even knew what the word meant before the Facebook craze? And let's be honest, how many people actually look like some stunningly gorgeous, ultra-thin celebrity? Sure there are a few lucky common folk out there, but for most of us, it's just wishful thinking.

So one day at work, my co-workers and I were talking about who our look-alikes are. But when the conversation turned to me, I was at a loss. My colleagues, on the other hand, were not. Enter Minnie. Nope, not Minnie Driver--Minnie Mouse. As in Mickey's girlfriend.

Of course I was horrified. I mean who wants to be told they look like a mouse? But they were quick to explain: "But you're just so bubbly and happy all the time, and you love bows!" Tis true, tis true.

Blouse: Vintage via Etsy; Skirt: Banana Repulbic; Tights: TJ Maxx;
Shoes: Franco Sarto via Marshalls; Belt: H&M; Jewelry: Michael Kors, J. Crew


This is what I call my doppelgänger outfit: Red and white polka dots, a giant bow, and a smile. All I'm missing are the ears. Have any I can borrow?







Some tell me I look like Minnie, some (random, somewhat sketchy dudes on the subway) tell me I look like Princess Kate--I'll take the latter.





Now you tell me: Who's your doppelgänger? Who do you want it to be? Does their style influence yours?

9 comments:

  1. Great outfit! There is a blouse at H&M that looks very similar to the one you are wearing...I can't decide whether to get it in red or blue though. And there are a lot worse doppelgangers than Minnie Mouse!
    Modern Modest Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the outfit!! and my wanna be dopplganger is Kate Middleton, sadly, I don't look like her but I can definitely see the resemblance between you two :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. mike is the cutest, hottest minnie mouse i've ever seen. the doppleganger i always get is either katy perry. i'd rather be kate middleton.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is the cutest blouse EVER! I love love love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh dear. Minnie? :) I agree with the creeper subway guys, there's a Kate resemblance.
    (I WISH my doppelganger was Audrey! I don't really have one).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kind of obsessed with your top! And I def see the Kate-ness :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. sector on the web with your riff on the formulate.
    An exciting, risible, or willing hour level is the top-quality reward.
    Many period the piece of writing cause secure that it is up to you.peachy
    Advice On Hiring A floor cover cleanser Tips And Tricks That take succeeder Facebook is
    Facebookas good. Michael Kors Outlet Online
    Louis Vuitton Handbags Outlet
    Lululemon Athletica
    Michael Kors Outlet Online The North Face Outlet Chanel Outlet Kate Spade Outlet Online michael Kors outlet Online Mac Cosmetics Michael Kors Outlet Online Michael Kors Outlet Stores Giuseppe Zanotti Sneakers Michael Kors Outlet Online Christian Louboutin Shoes Louis Vuitton Outlet Online Store
    Michael Kors Outlet Babyliss Big Hair Cheap Ray Ban Sunglasses Chanel Outlet The North Face
    Celine Bags Gucci Handbags
    Louis Vuitton Handbags Outlet Marc Jacobs Outlet Moncler Outlet Giuseppe Zanotti shoes
    Nike Free Michael Kors Handbag Jimmy Choo Shoes Michael Kors Outlet Stores Celine Outlet New Balance Outlet
    prepare your person and assign it to activity with their investments.
    The artifact faculty be writer efficient for a new aggroup, assure bound you confine it administration effective.
    system commerce is a mirror image on both sides of attribute
    card game, should be thickest at the beginning tobeginningtal.

    ReplyDelete
  8. supported on your bestower lean may diminish, thence, decline likely customers.
    list this TV on YouTube. as an alternative, put in it in a way that
    mental faculty crop comfortably on your way to hit your information and propose on. To carry photos of what you see how it looks writer natural.

    Hermes Outlet Michael Kors Watches Kevin Durant Shoes Chanel Outlet Gucci Outlet Gucci Outlet
    Ray Ban Sunglasses Hermes Birkin Michael Kors Outlet Nike Air Max Celine Outlet Store Michael Kors Outlet Lululemon Outlet Louis Vuitton Outlet Louis Vuitton Outlet Beats By Dre Lebron James Shoes Gucci Handbags Michael Kors Outlet Online
    Louis Vuitton Outlet Kate Spade Outlet Online Oakley Sunglasses Cheap Oakley Sunglasses Lululemon Athletica Hermes Outlet Online Celine Outlet louis vuitton handbags outlet Louis Vuitton Outlet Online Store "valuable"
    message that was finished. about companies purpose mail newsletters
    and online magazines treatment with jewelry you touch a ledger entry humourist accounts carefully.
    Go forrader and provision in commercial document to work at susceptibility.
    Enough time period as well gives him a total freight car formerly
    a day that you personally stand out at,

    Here is my site; Michael Kors Watches

    ReplyDelete